To celebrate the close of 2015, we’re taking a look back at some of the best things of the past year. Urgent care has certainly grown, and continues to evolve quickly into other areas of healthcare. We’re excited to see where urgent care goes in the future, and we’re definitely along for the ride.
DocuTAP is a direct reflection of the urgent care industry—and we keep up to date with industry changes so you always know what’s happening. We offer sage advice too, as DocuTAP celebrated its fifteen year anniversary as an urgent care software and services company this year.
Here are our top 10 most-read blog posts from 2015 with news and advice that resonated the most with you (in case you didn’t get to read them earlier!)
1. Urgent Care Trends to Watch in 2015 – Read our predictions almost one year ago! Were we right on the money with the industry movement? What do you think? More interesting though is where we’ll go in 2016.
2. 6 Must-read Urgent Care Staffing Tips – This oldie-but-goodie article from 2014 had lasting power with you, and covers advice for finding and keeping good employees in your urgent care. Check out excellent tips for hiring staff.
3. How to Bill for Non Credentialed and Non Contracted Providers (Part 1 and Part 2) – A situation that happens a lot in urgent care was addressed in this two-part article. Also a 2014 article, your interest in billing for locum tenens and reciprocal billing arrangements made these articles top reads on our blog for 2015, too.
4. 5 Key Performance Indicators to Watch in Your Urgent Care – Numbers matter. This classic review of KPIs that matter preceded our two part series (See #7) on the same topic. Check out this quick-hitter from last year.
5. What’s the Difference between an Urgent Care and an Emergency Room – Who loves infographics? You do. Check out this beauty we made to help explain the difference between this two common healthcare choices. Perfect for sharing with patients, too!
6. KPIs to Watch in Your Urgent Care (Part 1 and Part 2) Explore the wonders of numbers in urgent care more in-depth with this two-part article series. Plus, download a handy white paper so everyone (not just the financial people) can check out the KPIs you should care about.
7. 6 Ways to Encourage Your Urgent Care Staff – This spring, we looked at the softer side of management, encouraging employees in an industry where burnout and job hopping is high. Find tips for treating your staff well, so they can treat patients well.
8. Must-know Summertime Urgent Care Marketing Ideas – Flash back to some warmer weather! Here’s some awesome marketing ideas for that slower time of year for urgent care. Maybe you can apply them next summer?
9. Mistakes to Avoid When Opening Your Urgent Care (Mistake #4) – Part four of a six-part series on mistakes not to make when opening an urgent care was your favorite! And we have to agree it’s the biggest mistake we often see made.
10. To Scribe or Not to Scribe with an EMR: Q&A with Urgent Care Operators – Honorable mention goes to this article focusing on the benefits and drawbacks of scribing with an EMR in urgent care. Check out what real operators have to say about this practice.
Thanks for reading our blog this year! We look forward to writing many more helpful articles for you next year. Make sure you don’t miss anything. Sign up for our free, monthly Urgent Care Minute eNewsletter to get urgent care news and advice right in your inbox.
Cheers, and here’s to 2016!