Explore the suite.
Get measurable results with software and services that take the complexity out of healthcare from online appointment and registration to billing and reputation management.
President Obama has declared September 11-16, 2011, as National Health IT Week. Has your practice made the transition from paper to electronic charting yet? Making the change may seem like a daunting task, but the benefits of using an EMR over paper charts are immeasurable.
Here are my top 10 reasons you should consider switching to an EMR:
10. Faster documentation: There are no loose papers to sift through with an EMR. Chart quickly and efficiently, with all of your patients’ records readily available.
9. Reduction in errors: It’s far more difficult to make serious charting errors with an EMR, especially with those that feature built-in alerts.
8. Prevent lost records: EMRs securely back-up your patient files.
7. Streamlined patient flow: Documenting visits faster and keeping better track of your patients with an EMR will streamline your patient flow and allow you to see more patients in less time.
6. Readily available data: Every healthcare provider needs timely access to their patient records, but this is crucial for practices with multiple locations. An EMR securely stores your patient records so you can access them from any of your clinic locations.
5. Grow your practice: With faster documentation and streamlined patient flow, you will easily be able to see more and more patients, growing your practice and increasing your revenues.
4. Protect your patients’ personal health information: An EMR will allow you to securely store patient information.
3. Increased revenues for your practice: If you choose an EMR designed with your specific practice in mind, your coding should be optimized to the specialized needs of your practice.
2. Improved patient experience: All of the above benefits contribute to a better experience for your patients, which is every healthcare provider’s #1 reason for entering the field.
1. Get government stimulus dollars: There is no better time than now to implement an EMR that has been ONC-ATCB Certified to help your physicians qualify for government stimulus dollars. If you implement in the next few months, you can still get all $44,000 per physician.
There’s never been a better time to make the switch from paper charting to an EMR. I encourage you to do your homework and choose a system that fits the specific needs of your practice.
If you’re interested in learning more about Practice Velocity’s EMR solution, request a free demo today.